November 20, 2010

The Imminent Invasion

Last year was my first year to live in an old house. I really like old houses, they have such character and charm, and last year I learned a lot about the quirks that go along with old houses. I also learned a little bit about zoology. Apparently, lady bugs do not like cold weather. I really don't like cold weather either, so I can't blame them. But instead of building their own home, they decided to invade mine. Hoards and legions and swarms of them. Every nook and cranny I would find them huddled up to keep warm. Killing them doesn't work well, because they stink when they die. I finally just started vacuuming them up.

This winter we live in an old house again too. And as the weather turns cooler, here they are again.

No comments:

Post a Comment