November 10, 2010

Escapades

It's been a while, and I've been super busy!

Halloween was a blast. I finished our costumes on time, and we were decked out for the Belhaven RUF Halloween party.
Ben really wanted my mug and whatever nefarious substance was within

It was a grand ol' pirate party!
Even little Colby got a matching outfit

I was pretty burnt out on sewing after the Halloween rush, but now I'm ready to dive back in. So last night I took this old dress in my closet and turned it into a pencil skirt. Too bad I didn't take a before picture, but here's an after. 





















It's a lovely wrap-around skirt with two rows of buttons down the front. I am so proud of this! It's the first thing I've made that I will actually wear out in public. Ok, I didn't actually make it completely since I just cut up a dress, but I managed not to ruin it so that's good. Can you see where I forgot to sew on a button? Realized that as I was wearing the skirt at work today. Oops!

Besides that right now it's that time of year...holidays, food, presents, and MY BIRTHDAY! Twenty-four years old. Wow, I don't feel like I have the knowledge or wisdom a twenty-four-year-old should have...I guess I'll probably always feel younger than I am though. But I can't wait to celebrate with Super-Hubby and friends!

And the dress that I claimed was almost finished a while ago is still almost finished...maybe it will get finished one day...

But for now I'm off to cuddle in my cozy sweater in front of the heater.

No comments:

Post a Comment