January 25, 2011

And we have a finished product

My first made-from-scratch piece of clothing that is actually wearable.

Yay!
And in light of my triumph over the sewing imps, I am entertaining the thought of opening my own Etsy store. For those of you that have never heard of Etsy, it's an online shopping community specifically for handmade and vintage items. But it will take me a while to create enough merchandise to open the store, so that won't be happening in the near future. 
But that's in the sights for now. We shall see how it goes.
Next project: Super Hubs has requested a button-down shirt. Pattern and fabric have been bought, and cutting has begun. I told him not to have high hopes. Updates on the trials and tribulations of collars and cuffs soon to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment